Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Street Continued...


This is my street, King Avenue.  I wanted to depict the amount of cars parked along the sides as well as the lack of traffic.  This is what the entrance to the street looks like at any given time of day.  This street begins at Burnside and proceeds up a gentle slope.  That is why the drawing is cut off.  On the right hand at the top of the drawing is the entrance to the $100/night hotel and the top left of the drawing is the entrance to the $40/night hotel, or as I had referred to it as a no-tell.  I have always found it strange, the relationship between the two establishments.  Neither one is particularly impressive, the more affordable is perhaps the least attractive of the two.  It just occurred to me that this is a bird's eye perspective.  I think it's funny because this is how I view the street from my apartment, only from the opposite direction.  

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that you post all of your responses to the readings, as it is a large part of your grade for the class notebook/blog

    ReplyDelete